Humans have long had an affinity with the animal kingdom. The elements of nature and the symbolic motifs of our world’s magnificent beasts and critters have long been adopted in glyphs, folklore and art throughout the ages.
The world of haute joaillerie is also no stranger to mother nature’s wild side. Fostering bold, whimsical and one-of-a-kind designs to wear and behold, these decorative feral figures are worn as more than just an embellishment to charm onlookers – they are adornments that symbolise one’s spirit and personality.
Among the myriad of animal-inspired jewellery that has slinked out of the jungle, craftsmanship remains at the centre of these intricate jewellery designs. Take for example Cartier’s iconic Panthère Collection and Chopard’s dynamic Red Carpet Collection, creations that combine nature and fine art.
In this photo:
- Panthere de cartier ring
- Fred Ombre Feline bracelet
- Harry Winston Black Necked Crane brooch
- Buccellati Animalier Eagle brooch
- Buccellati Animalier Rabbit brooch
- Boucheron Fuzzy The Leopard Cat ring
- Chaumet Les Ciels de Chaumet brooch
- Tiffany & Co. Schlumberger Ibex brooch
- Chopard Red Carpet Collection ring
(Text: Roberliza Eugenio)